Monday, August 14, 2006

Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards was a great pastor who was used by God to spark revival in the New England area in the early 1700's.. He came up with 70 resolutions that he wanted to live by every day of his life. Concerning these resolutions he said, "Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God's help, I do humbly entreat him by his grace to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ's sake. Remember to read over these Resolutions once a week." Below are a few of the resolutions that he had, to view all of them click here. Notice how he desired to think of death often. Why do you think this was the case?

5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.

6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.

7. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.

9. Resolved, to think much on all occasions of my own dying, and of the common circumstances which attend death.

17. Resolved, that I will live so as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2. Resolved, to be continually endeavoring to find out some new invention and contrivance to promote the aforementioned things.

Thus, this blog. Think on this for a moment:

The pornography industry is known in the technological industry to be at the forefront of every new tech device and idea that exist. Video on portable devices, so goes porn on portable devices. Media (photos, videos, audio) security with watermarks, and obfuscated locations are a product of pornographic distributors seeking to protect their "product."

Notice the perspective of the blind:

Pornography Drives Technology: Why Not to Censor the Internet


Well, how often do people say that Christians Drive Technology! Those crazy Christians will use ANYTHING to get people to know Christ. They'll invade each medium that exists and permeate their RELIGION!