
Jason Palmer just sent me this link to the trailer of Facing the Giants. It is a football movie coming out this September. It is endorsed by my college football coach at Appalachian State, Coach Jerry Moore. He said, "At some point in our lives, we all say "Why?" (like in the locker room scene). Then we turn our life, our family, our job, our circumstances over to God, and let him have room to work."
Click here to read the other endorsements. In the trailer, the coach asks his players, "What's the purpose of this team." Then one of the players responds, "To win ball games." The coach then says, "Winning football games is too small a thing to live for. We're not here just to get glory, make money, and die. So I'm here to present you with a new team philosophy. We need to give God our best in every area. And if we win we praise him, and if we lose we praise him." This reminds me a lot of the life of Job when he said, "The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD" (1:21).
Click here to see the trailer. I haven't seen the movie so I cannot condone everything in it, but it does raise a great question. I present you all with a new philosophy, "In whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God and praise him in all things, good or bad, because he is worthy. This movie goes hand in hand with a blog that I posted a few weeks ago entitled, "
Basketball for the Glory of God."
No comments:
Post a Comment