- Have I been a "show-off" or a "know-it-all" recently?
- Am I enjoying the word daily?
Studying the Scriptures should not just be something you do just to get it over with. We study the Scriptures to KNOW GOD. What greater goal can there be in life than to know God; or put another way, to see and savor God in the face of Jesus Christ. "Now this is eternal life, that they may know you the one true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent" John 17:3. Jonathan Edwards said, "Resolved, to study the Scriptures so steadily, constantly and frequently, as that I may find, and plainly perceive myself to grow in the knowledge of the same" (#28 of his Resolutions). So are you ENJOYING the word daily? Do you find yourself satisfied in God?
- Am I watching too much T.V.?
- Am I honest in all my words, or do I exaggerate?
- What do I regret saying recently? And why?
As you see your failings, turn to Christ and embrace the cross. Be amazed at the constant love of God that loves even rebellious and disobedient children. Wow, how deep the Father's love for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment